FREE SPEECH if you dare!

Constitutionally Advocating Limited Government, Personal Liberty, & Free Markets. {URL}.

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Low Profile Endorsement

As political retoric has assaulted even the most apathetic individual's eardrums, I have been banging my brains, debating who is to become my very low-profile endorsement.

Ever since the many sunsets that have come and gone since Ron Paul chose to drop out of the recent presidential sweepstakes, I was keenly aware that I would have to explore alternate avenues.

Cut to the chase... I will officially make my proclimation through deduction. Throw out Obama! This fellow follows a recent history following the bluprint of the entitlement laden Democratic Party. Toss utilitarian McCain! This gentleman is out to expand the current U.S. empire. Nader is neither! His economics wiill create an unprecedented monetary free fall. I will conveniently toss out my [Alan] Keyes! His small government stance is trumped by his mandated Christian morality. "None of the above," will not be casted in '08 since two candidates distinguish themselves from the field.

Enter Chuck Baldwin. Champion of small government, pro-national soveignty, and vehimently against the Real ID Act. Mr Baldwin sounds like the perfect candidate dedicated to the many ideas of liberty.

Enter Bob Barr... a former Republican turned Libertarian. Despite performing official duties of the "Party of Principle," Mr. Barr ultimately is asked the question, "Can you be trusted?" Compared to Baldwin, Barr initially appears to display a light version of being a free market constitutionalist.

Upon further examination, Mr. Baldwin drops drastically in the principle department. This Pensacola, Florida evangelical pastor is a card carrying member of the Constitution Party, a small political party that mentions god so much in its platform that one would wonder how much liberty would truthfully be mandated. Aditionally, Baldwin is nil and void on the issue of the war on drugs... Nothing said.

So... while I respect many of Chuck Baldwin's freedom related views, I break with this guy in small, yet relevent parts. Without outright trashing Baldwin, I simply say that I endorse Bob Barr for President of the United States.


View blog authority

Bob Barr
Chuck Baldwin

Home

Labels: , , , , ,