FREE SPEECH if you dare!

Constitutionally Advocating Limited Government, Personal Liberty, & Free Markets. {URL}.

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Interdependents vs. Independents

While money is being created in the atmosphere, shooting up higher in the form of inflation, I have wondered whether to return my Libertarian Party Club Med membership or in a fine statist style, reciting their well thought out constitutionally based party line.

More simply said, my cheap ballpoint pen recently checked off "independent" in the little black box on the state of Missouri's change of party form. In effect, I have renounced the LP, making my wallet sized card null and void. In reality, I still believe in the concepts of being pro-free market, pro-constitution, and pro- freedom through self reliance.

Month upon month, I have mentally flossed my brain cells over whether I am an interdependent part of a machine [the LP, even though they do not qualify as being a large machine] or an independent human, processing information for myself. In short, I opted for the latter selection because it enhances the case for freedom while not depending on others.

Yes, I am positive that I will continue to vote pro-freedom, pro- free markets and other related subjects. The point is by becoming independent, I am thinking for myself , a sign of self reliance while the opposite is for me to be part of the well oiled machine that I do mostly agree with and more than likely vote for.
http://www.angelfire.com/mo3/newsjunkie/libertarian.html

[home]

Labels: ,